Packing for Camp
- assorted shirts (long and short sleeve)
- 1 blank white t-shirt for possible fabric painting, tie dye, etc.
- 9-plus sets of underwear & socks
- 4 shorts and 4 pants
- 2-3 bathing suits
- 1 pair of solid shoes/hiking boots
- 2 pair sneakers or 1 sneakers and 1 "tevas"
- raincoat or poncho, hat, rainboots
- 2 pairs of pajamas (warm and lightweight)
- 2 sweatshirts
- warm jacket /sweater
- 4 towels & 2 washcloths**
- 4 sheets for cot mattresses 30" x 72" & 2 pillowcases (we have pillows but you may bring your own!)**
- sleeping bag (one that unzips to a quilt) or blankets (one heavy, one light weight)**
- laundry bag labeled with camper name in big print
- toiletries (soap, toothpaste/brush, shampoo, etc.)
- water bottle
- flashlight and extra batteries
- insect repellent (no aerosol, please) and sunblock
- stationery, stamps, postcards, pens; books and games
- day pack/knapsack to carry towels, dance outfits, riding clothes, etcetera during the day
** International families do not have to send their children with towels, bedsheets, blankets, or pillows. Camp will provide upon arrival.
HV Adventures Packing List found here.
We do laundry every 8-9 days, so pack 10 days of closing in case your camper joins a river hike or “Gross Day” activity.
Suggested: "Crazy Creek" - style outdoor chair, stuffed animals; photos of family or pets; musical instruments; camera.
Optional: (Camp has all of these items available as well.) Fishing gear, costumes for theatre activities, tennis racket, skateboard, tap shoes, guitar, baseball glove, dance music.
Please do not bring over-the-counter meds (we stock these), cosmetic "make-up", curling irons, jewelry of any value, bikes, pets, weapons, fireworks, gum, or food of any kind unless part of a special diet.
Electronics such as gameboys and ipods are for the bus ride only and then will be stored for the session in our office. Please read the note about electronics to the right here and remember that HVC does not permit the possession of kindles, phones, etc. as these items are easily lost or damaged and remove children from group life at camp. [Take a look (right column, scroll down) at tips for a stay at camp with no screen time.]
Lost Items: Camp is not responsible for lost items, so leave small, unneeded, or complex valuables (jewelry, kindles, etc.) at home! We do not issue refunds for "lost" items, and send "found" belongings home at families' expense. Please be prepared to have a few minor garments (T-shirts, towels, socks, etc.) not arrive back home after a busy active summer.
Luggage Tips and More
Duffels or footlockers are all OK. All things being equal on your end, footlockers can provide extra storage space once campers arrive.
HELPFUL OPTIONS FOR CAMP SUPPLIES
- Everything Summer Camp (Home of C & N Footlockers) The name says it all! Find anything your camper might need here, including their popular footlockers and a name-labeling option.
- Oliver's Clothing Labels can be accessed via your Online Camp Account. Go to Forms & Documents and scroll to "Your Camper."
- Campbound and Campmor - good general sites for outdoor gear.
Overall, it's best if luggage accompanies children by car, bus, or plane.