Driving to HVC - 2021
ARRIVAL DAY INFO...
- Families will be assigned arrival windows. These will be sent shotrly before arrival.
- Older children will arrive earlier (830-1130 AM) and younger children will arrive 1130-300.
- We have some flexibility with arrival times, but not a lot. Please ask us if we might be able to assist you.
- Families' time in camp will be limited, as in school, and there will be no tours, etc. (We may have more freedom of movement at pickup time.) A very short bathroom break and goodbye time with your camper will be scheduled in.
- All family members will be required to wear masks or will be asked to wait in the camp parking lots. We will not have time to assess adults' vaccination or health status.
- We expect that family members (including siblings) who have recently tested positive for COVID or have a recent confirmed contact with someone who is positive for COVID will NOT come onto camp property
- Health intake will include testing. Note that children with proof of full vaccination will not require a test.
- Campers will arrive at the same time as their cabin mates and camp programming will commence as soon as the full group has arrived.
- If you have an older/younger pair of campers, please arrive at the earlier assigned time.
- Luggage 2021: In order to limit a complicated luggage move on Arrival Day, HVC will credit families $60.00 for each large duffel or footlocker (we prefer duffels!) sent here ahead of time. Ship to Camper Name, HVC, 161 Hidden valley Rd., Freedom ME 04941
Driving to HVC - 2022
When bringing your child to HVC on the first day of camp, please plan to arrive between 9:30 and 11:00 a.m. This will give you time to get your camper settled, take a look around and join us for lunch. Summer 2021: Because of increased car arrivals, we will create a more structured schedule with assigned times for parent/camper arrival.
Planning your trip: Visit our vacation guide for places to stay, great eats, Maine sights, etc.
Picking up Campers at Session's End
Most children depart on Thursday July 22 or August 19. Please arrive between 8 and 10 AM, as children are excited to commence their next adventure. If you must come here later, please note that at 12 noon all staff, Kassens, etc will take an afternoon break. Summer 2021: Because of increased car arrivals, we will create a more structured schedule with assigned times for parent/camper arrival.
For 2-week "intro" campers departing 7/9 or 8/6, please arrive between 10 and 11.30 AM. Summer 2021: Because of increased car arrivals, we will create a more structured schedule with assigned times for parent/camper arrival.
Once you arrive, please take time to have your camper show you around camp. There will be coffee available, etc.
Please keep this in mind as you navigate to HVC
- Our official address: 161 Hidden Valley Road, Freedom, Maine 04941
- You must access Hidden Valley Rd. via Rt 220 and the Center Road.
- You cannot use Hidden Valley Rd. or the Kingdom Rd. directly from Rt 3 to get to HV.
Confirm Your Travel
Please inform us of your driving plans on the Transportation Form via your Online Camp Account.
Please do this by March 1st.
First Day Arrival
When a camper is arriving on the first day of his-her stay here, upon arrival: Drive right into camp where greeters will meet you near the red camp office on the left side of the road.
...What a wonderful feeling it was to drive away from camp knowing our children are in Paradise... The cuisine was scrumptious and your warmth and friendliness were super. Our children made a great choice!
- HVC Parent
For visits mid-session, upon arrival: Please park in the parking lots and walk a short distance down the road to our red office on the left. Please click here to plan your visit. 2021 Update: Parent visitation will not take lace for health reasons.
...Thanks for a splendid visit and letting us wander the place and share in what our daughter calls her camp!
- HVC Parent