Getting Ready for Camp
In addition to packing all your “stuff” for camp, please bring the following: An open mind, creativity, willingness to try new things. Read on for more info as you think about your time at HVC...
What to Pack?
- Come to Maine prepared for lovely summer weather and keep the following in mind...
- HVC HAS NO UNIFORMS so bring casual clothes that are good for an active, creative time at camp.
- LAYERS help, as the early mornings and nighttime may be cool.
- HELPFUL ITEMS include a daypack to carry your bathing suit, towel, riding boots, etc.; stationery, stamps and pre-addressed envelopes; a water bottle; sunscreen; and a “crazy creek” chair. We give everyone an HVC T-shirt. You can find fun HVC “stuff” at Planet Meg, the greatest camp store in the galaxy.
- DO NOT BRING llamas (we have plenty already), curling irons or cosmetics, personal electronics (Look here for an understanding of our policy on ipods, phones, etc.)
- PLEASE DO BRING if you want to: Books (no kindles) musical instruments, costumes, games to play at rest period.
- A full packing list can be found here.
News Reports from HVC
You’re going to be having a blast this summer! Worried that your folks won’t know what to do without you? Tell them to read our News Reports from HVC every day this summer. Our correspondents will upload information about your cabin activities, menus, weather. We might even give the people at home a hint about when the Candy Drop is happening.
It is a mystery why adults expect perfection from children. Few grown-ups can get through a whole day without making a mistake. - Marcelene Cox
Countdown to Camp
COUNTDOWN to CAMP
COUNTDOWN to CAMP
2022 Guest Performers
Consummate musicians and storytellers Kim and Reggie Harris!
Campers helping out the Half Moon Jug Band
The amazing illusions of Peter Boie!
Here's a partial list for 2022...TBA
Select a book at our book fair!
Impromptu Magic match
Meet the PD’s
The Program Directors (PD’s) are a group of longtime HVC staff who work closely with Peter and Meg in developing all camp programs. Learn more about this summer’s group here.